Henrico County Historical Society
PO Box 90775   Henrico, VA 23273   (804)501-5682   hchsinfo@yahoo.com

Henrico County Historical Society's motto, which is Preserving the Past in the Present for the FutureSkipwith Academy in Three Chopt District, Henrico County, Virginia.Log Cabin in Tuckahoe District, Henrico County, Virginia.Mankin Mansion in Fairfield District, Henrico County, Virginia.Dorey Barn in Varina District, Henrico County, Virginia.Bethlehem Church in Brookland District, Henrico County, Virginia.


Henrico County

Henrico County's
History

Brookland
District Sites

 >Courtney
   Road

Fairfield
District Sites

Three Chopt
District Sites

Tuckahoe
District Sites

Varina
District Sites

Links

Site Map


Brookland District Historic Sites - Courtney Road Service Station

Courtney Road Service Station in Brookland District, Henrico County, Virginia.

This "house with a canopy style" station was built around 1925 when there was an increase in cars, improved roads, and a decrease in the cost of gas. In 1940, Richmond Telephone directory listed the site as the "Friendly Service Station". Owned by the Barlow family, locals recall the station store being operated by Mr. Wiltshire. The County of Henrico had the station restored and it is now located on the corner of Courtney Road and Mountain Road for public display.

  • This is owned by the County of Henrico, and open only for special events.
  • (County of Henrico)


>Back to Top<





Brookland Sites: Courtney Road
Bethlehem Church | Forest Lodge | Glen Allen | Meadow Farm | Walkerton | All Sites

Home | Maps | Genealogy | Preservation | News | Membership | Shopping | HCHS



© 2004-2014, Henrico County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved